NeuroEunoia 2020: A Neuroscience Affair
Picture credit: Brain waves by Tirthankar Gupta
It gives us immense pleasure to finally invite you for the main event of NeuroEunoia 2020, on 16th and 17th October, 2020.
We humbly request you to keep the following points in mind whilst you attend the two days of the virtual conference.
- It is essential for all the participants to have at least 75% attendance of the total hours of the talks by various speakers, i.e. attending at least 8 out of all 11 lectures in these two days is mandatory. It will be mandatory for getting the certificates issued, the same will be mailed to you within 15 days of the final day of the conference.
- Anyone with the link can attend the meeting, however, certificates will be issued only to registered participants.
- It is to be noted that all of your questions regarding the talk by our eminent speakers, should be addressed in the chat box of the virtual meeting platform. Kindly note that the chat box will be open for an initial 30 minutes after each lecture starts and will be closed 15 minutes before the end of each lecture. Nearly 15 minutes are allocated for each QA session.
- Please join the meeting by 8.15 am on day 1 and day 2 both. Event would start at 8.30 am.
- Kindly keep your audio and video turned off.
Our humble apologies in advance, if we are unable to take up all your questions due to paucity of time. It will be entirely on the discretion of our respected moderators, but we’ll try our best to get all your queries addressed.
Please find the link for joining below:
Friday, Oct 16 and 17, 2020 8:00 am onwards | 10 hours | (UTC+05:30) Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi
Occurs every day effective 10/16/2020 until 10/17/2020 from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, (UTC+05:30) Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi
Meeting number: 156 278 9256
Join by video system
You can also dial 126.96.36.199 and enter your meeting number.
Join by phone
+65-6703-6949 Singapore Toll
Access code: 156 278 9256
P.S. The updated schedule can be found at https://neuroeunoia.wordpress.com/talk-the-talks/
Team, NeuroEunoia 2020
All the deadlines are closed!
Announcing the first ever neuroscience conference at University of Delhi
Significance (of the Logo and the Conference)
Logo: The logo is inspired by the need for a healthy mind and, therefore, a mind that is receptive to all opinions. In rhetoric, eunoia is the goodwill a speaker cultivates between themselves and their audience/ A well-mind/ Beautiful Thinking.
Many people would wonder why in a conference logo on neuroscience the need for leaves, well those leaves are from the plant Withania somnifera commonly known as Ashwagandha, Indian ginseng. Some research suggests that Ashwagandha may be able to delay the onset, prevent or even cure such neurodegenerative diseases that cause loss of cognitive function as seen in Alzheimer’s and Dementia disease. So, the meaning of the term ‘NeuroEunoia’ and Ashwagandha lies in returning to nature and healing our mind, body and soul.
According to the 2015 NMHS report one in every twenty people in India are suffering from depression. Generally speaking, it is critical that the current youth be aware of various mental health related aspects. This is essential for both individual wellbeing and society.
Sleep and mental disorders usually occur at a similar time, and untreated sleep disorders later in life might increase the chances of developing psychiatric conditions, such as depression. It is also important that students realise the importance of sleep, which is the most compromised in the current scenario. Depression, anxiety, and drug abuse are the most common mental problems related to sleep complaints.
Neurodegenerative disorders remain one of the biggest mental health problems. Some rather age dependent disorders are growing nowadays, as the elderly population has recently risen as a result of developments in medical facilities. It is therefore important that youth become interested in pursuing neuroscience research.
This kind of change needs to be consciously promoted and supported. This Conference is a minuscule effort to mine frontier knowledge and pave the way for a next generation of breakthroughs.